Popular Posts

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Joshua's lil Dino party ideas


 My grandson's 1st birthday was The BIG 1 lil Dino party, my daughter bought everything from Oriental Trading magazine. The rest of the decorations grandma Alicia and I got real creative and here is some of the ideas we came up with.

this is a wooden Dino my brother made by using a projector and I painted it with regular acrylic paints, I covered the legs with a piece of burlap

the cake pops are in a foam that I covered in moss and I hot glued a thin rope twice around the edge
this is the paints I used to paint the egg below

these pops are also in a foam with moss and the big egg in the middle  is a big Easter egg I got from the Dollar Tree, I burned an opening in the middle of the egg with a wood burning device and I hot glued a Dino coming out of it and painted the whole egg with brown spray paint and once it was dry I sprayed it with speckle paint, both from Home Depot

these are regular oreo cookies dipped in white colored chocolate you can also cover with melted candy



this cup cake stand I made with a piece of wood I got at Home Depot and cut with an electric saw, to get the shape I looked for circular shapes around the house and traced it. The Dino I got from a Goodwill Store for $5.00 and it walks and roars


Chocolate cake testers,  I made from one square cake I made from a box and I cut in pieces, the vanilla pudding which I took 5 pudding cups scooped into a bowl added 2 tbs of powder sugar, a cap of hazel nut syrup and whisked, I topped it with vanilla icing = 1 can of Vanilla icing I added food coloring, powdered sugar and whisked. The cups and spoons are from Party City
Some of these projects I will put step by step in the future to show you how you can create them.


No comments:

Post a Comment