Popular Posts

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Thanksgiving geo mesh wreath

Starts off with this type of metal wreath,  got this one at the Dollar Tree

THEY HAVE THIS WREATH AT HOBBY LOBBY FOR $99.00 AND UP, AT MICHAEL'S FOR $140.00 AND UP, AND ON E BAY FOR $50.00 AND UP ...  I MADE THIS ONE FOR  UNDER $30.00 AND  MINE IS  WAY NICER,

BELOW IS A LIST OF THINGS YOU WILL NEED TO MAKE ONE:

  1.  metal wreath = DOLLAR TREE
  2. geomesh = Michael's /HOBBY LOBBY (like $9,00 I made more than one wreath)
  3. ribbons/burlap ribbon, etc = MICHAEL'S / HOBBY LOBBY
  4. pipe cleaners = DOLLAR TREE
  5. hot glue = Michael's/ HOBBY LOBBY
  6. decorations = DOLLAR TREE 
  7. flowers = DOLLAR TREE

start with your first set of either geo mesh or in this case I started with burlap wired ribbon about 5 inches thick

went around the outside of the wreath making 4 inch scallops and securing it with the pipe cleaners


this is the geo mesh I used

also used this purple burlap mesh

I like to have 3 or more ribbon options

fall flowers (from Dollar Tree)

pine-cones from Dollar Tree 

Fall leaves from Dollar Tree

Fall pumpkins from Dollar Tree

sign in the middle I got at Michael s on sale for under $5.00

here is what it looks like with the 3 types of ribbon - 2 burlaps and the orange one is geo mesh, don't worry about the pipe cleaners you will cut them later 

Now I add my final big decorative wire ribbon

I finished it off with 2 other ribbons on each pipe cleaner

I secure all pipe cleaners tight and cut off the extra amounts and I hot glued a flower on each one

TAA-DAA final wreath

No comments:

Post a Comment