Popular Posts

Sunday, September 2, 2018

Painting my Goodwill finds

Hello ya'll,
I'm in the Fall and Christmas mood, I've been shopping around Goodwill's and Salvation Army for Holiday decor and also this year I just got thru changing all the wall colors inside and outside my home as well as my furniture. Below I will show you what started this entire color change, the picture below I found at Goodwill and something about the colors and the water that pulled me in to change from Autumn warm colors to the grays and blues. see below: I also went to Kirkland/Hobby Lobby & Michaels clearance sections and found lots of good deals mostly 70% discounts lets get started below:
here is the picture that started the color change in my home , it's an Italian scenery with gondola's in the front of the homes and I loved the blues in the picture therefore I went for blues and grays and light aqua colors in the house.
BELOW ARE MY FINDS FOR THE WEEKEND AND WHAT I DID WITH THEM :

These are actual candle holders but I'm going to use them like on the mantle or on top of books. The one on the right is the golden color I found them and the one on the left is after I did a white wash on them

this is a long skinny wooden bowl sort of what is used for sushi, I painted it white and I want to use it to add acorns for Thanksgiving and maybe lil pine cones for Christmas

ok so this candle holder I picked up so I can use inside a box I got at Kirkland"s to do a floral arrangement around it (see the box at the end )

the horseshoe I also painted white and I'm not done with it I saw a picture on Pinterest where they decorate it with burlap flowers

here is one of my finished items: this was a red tray I've had for years , top was an old fence post and the tray was black I've also had for a long time. Painted everything white and wa la this is my new center piece. Oh the lil pig was also a Goodwill find

this table my cousin Jules gave to me years ago and it has been raw wood for years and I felt horrible painting it any other color I loved the raw wood "BUT" this weekend I was in a white mood and here it is... I did a white wash and the wood was so raw you could not tell there was white was so it took 3 rounds of white wash with chalk paint I made myself, after it was dry I mixed in a paper plate the following colors:Gold/Brown/Brass and more of the white chalk paint and I did light stokes sort of a wash thru all the corners and on top and this was my end result.

the mirror right above the table was black for years so here it is in chalk white - I do not like to distress the paint so here it is as a solid color. (FORGIVE MY WALL OUTLETS I'm still painting the house and changing the wall outlets

oh here is one of the finished pineapple candle holders on top of books

this table I also got at Goodwill it's in my entrance I painted the bottom with chalk paint in white. I wanted a place for the boys to sit when the come home from school and put their shoes and book bags

I found this glass candle holder its from Home Goods at Goodwill and I also found the dome and the French glass Fleur De Lis and I'm going to use the dome for Christmas to place a small Christmas tree in it

on this table I found the trailer at Michael's for $5.00  the the rest of the stuff at
Good will  oh the flowers are picks from Michael's (see below for info on the candle inside the dome)

found this small hand painted frame at Goodwill and it sits perfect in my entry way on a lil cottage chair I have on the wall

Got this long distress box at Kirkland for $12.00 (this is where I want to do my Thanksgiving floral arrangement 

another Goodwill find
I found this Apothecary Guild candle the scent is Cognac its a $30.00 candle for 1.00 at Salvation Army and it comes with a dome cover over it (candle was never used )
this is a Cindy Crawford sectional Salvation Army find (brand new)  for $100.00 it sells for 800.00 on sale at Rooms to go. The pillow are also Goodwill finds the one on the left was just the cover and its from Ikea I stick them in the washer and they are as good as new
so this was a summer frame from Hobby Lobby retailed at $60.00 got it for $3.00  it  said Lake House and I colored over it and added this Michael metal hanger that I also got on sale for $1.00

another Goodwill find  Christmas Minnie in pajamas - I make wreaths for Christmas and I use the Mickey and Minnie's for my wreaths but I think I'm keeping her for my sofa during Christmas time and the Strawberry short cake rag doll (brand new but also from Goodwill) is going on my Candy land Christmas tree that I place in my dinning room.





this plate as you can see below is from Anthropologie (see below) also $1.00


Ok guys that is it for today - Have a Blessed day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment