Popular Posts

Sunday, October 11, 2015

Refurbish your tired tables

Hello everyone,
 so before you run out and spend money on new furniture try to do your own DIY.  Go to Lowes or Home Depot  and look around, there is so much DIY products now a days that you can seriously paint  anything (wood/plastic/metal trust me anything). Look at the 3 tables I did  this weekend, I will find old photos of the before later on today so you can see the years of wear and tear the tables went thru for now see below:

this was the stain I used it was a bit pricey but it dries with 30 min and has a great  shine.

this table was in real bad shape I sanded it down to the bare wood and gave it 2 coats and at that time I realized the wood was still pretty rough so I sanded down with a 1000 grit sand paper and gave it 2 more coats. Make sure you wipe it down with a slightly damp cloth before putting the final coat. Once dry pass your hand over the whole table if you feel any rough spots you can do the 1000 grit paper in between coats as many times as you want.

see the shine  
the 2 white tables I also sanded down to the bare wood and gave it 2 coats of white paint and once dried I took the same poly and just dry brushed the whole table just enough to give it the shabby look
VINTAGE DESK - this was and old tired desk I did the same finish as my dining room table - this desk has one coat all around and 3 coats on top


2 comments: