Popular Posts

Saturday, January 25, 2014

2013 New Years eve Cuban style

We celebrated the 31st at the home of my brother Tony and his wife Esther, it was also their wedding anniversary. She decorated Black and Silver and they cooked the pig old school like my dad use to do.

look at the beautiful table clothes Esther bought online




here are the center pieces I made (notice the black glitter ornaments I made hanging from the branches)

Tio Jujo and my brother Tony

Tio Jujo removing the metal brackets from the 100 pound pig

Here is the brick oven we cooked the pig in, made by placing an aluminum plate on the ground surround it by large bricks and cooked on top of a fence door and covered it with banana leaves 



I decorated my cup cake stand with 5 different diamond brouche


this ring and cake was Tony and Esther's anniversary celebration




mom was so happy here


Cubans love to eat the toasted pig skin, I'm not fond of it


Cuban coconut flan

my cousin Tania





Michael in front of the pig and here is also a full look at the old school brick oven

Cindy, Michael and Katherine

Enrique and tio Jujo

It was a beautiful night Esther and Tony out did them self's to make it a magical night. They invited the whole family and only a few of us went. Half of the family cancelled just hours before dinner. Our family has split up!! My dad is looking down from heaven with a tear rolling down his face. I'm sorry dad :-(

1 comment:

  1. wow beautiful decorations. That pig looks yummy and the FLAN... i'm jealous.. =) everything It came out beautiful.

    ReplyDelete